Join our team
Paradromics is building the first high-bandwidth brain machine interface. Our technology will enable a new generation of neural prosthetics, with the fundamental goal of changing how neurological conditions are treated.
We are looking for talented scientists and engineers to join our team. If the positions below don't match your area of expertise, we'd still love to hear from you. Please send us a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Director, Intellectual Property
- IP Strategy: partner with management and technical team to further develop and implement a business-oriented IP strategy
- Strengthen company’s patent portfolio through strategic patent preparation and prosecution; manage existing and future patent portfolio throughout the patent lifecycle
- Analyze IP landscapes, including risk-assessment and freedom to operate
- Review, draft and negotiate a broad range of IP-related agreements and contracts including university licensing agreements, joint development agreements, contract research agreements and government funding agreements
- Serve as legal advisor on business-related transactions, including fundraising, contract drafting and review
- Participate as team member, offer thought leadership, and manage outside counsel
- B.S. degree and/or advanced degree in Engineering, Physics, or Computer Science
- J.D. from a highly respected law school and admission to a state bar
- Admission to practice before the USPTO
- At least 4 years of patent attorney experience with reputable, highly rated law firms and/or technical or biotech companies
- Excellent patent preparation and prosecution skills, with experience in managing patent prosecution
- Comprehensive understanding of intellectual property case law, rules and regulations
- Ability to understand complex technical systems and comfort with basic concepts in: machine learning, electrical engineering, and biology
- Exposure to startup companies a plus
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is excited to join a team of leading scientists and engineers. Competitive salary + equity package offered, with flexibility and the opportunity to work on an historic project.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.